52025 Gumwood Road
Granger, IN 46530
Opportunity #1: Worship Director - Part Time
Grace Church is seeking a part-time worship director who is experienced in leading a worship music ministry. The primary responsibility of the Worship Director is to facilitate weekend worship services and special events at Grace Church. This person will assist and report to the Lead Pastor in the fulfillment of the mission and vision of Grace Church, and therefore must agree with the philosophy of Grace Church and with the Lead Pastor.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruit volunteers within Grace Church and conduct auditions for those who desire to be on the worship team.
- Provide ongoing care, shepherding, training, and development for all worship volunteers.
- Utilize Planning Center, Loop Community, and the Prime App.
- Coordinate regularly with the head of the Tech and AV team, to provide quality streaming and sound during a Sunday morning service.
- Prepare music and other elements that are needed for each musician and singer.
- Pick song sets at least one week in advance that best fit with the sermon for that week.
- Choose music that is God-centered and lifts one’s thoughts and emotions toward God.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals.
- Have a working understanding of all Tech, AV, streaming, and create computer graphics for song lyrics used each week.
- Use Planning Center to schedule volunteers, communicate, and prepare for all rehearsals.
- Work with head of Tech and AV team to make sure sound equipment is ready on stage, that slides are ready, lighting is ready, and any other elements needed for rehearsal or Sunday are ready.
- Maintain church-owned instruments and other gear used by the worship team.
- Coordinate with the head of Tech and AV team for ongoing training of volunteers.
- Coordinate with lead pastor to provide musical support for weddings and funerals.
- Work within and propose the budget for the worship ministry.
- This person will have an active faith in Jesus Christ, and a life built on godly principles.
- This person will have a healthy balance between personal life, ministry life, and possess a heart for God and people.
- This person will have the biblical qualities of a mature Christian (I Timothy 3:1-13).
- This person will be willing to join Grace Church.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, nationwide criminal background, and child abuse/sex offender registry checks
- This job operates in an office/church environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- This is a part-time position, which allows for flexibility in the event of personal emergencies, and in the shifting of hours within a given month to meet such emergencies or accommodate more extensive project needs. The weekly time required will be about 15 hours. As a part-time position benefits are not included.